I have officially turned in my resignation notice and there is no turning back.
Now I wonder, how will I avoid getting stressed out at home?
I am reminded of the GHEA Conference speaker Sharon Grimes. These are her notes as she asks us the question, are you stressed or blessed?
Stressed or Blessed?
How do you avoid being stressed out?
- Don't neglect your morning manna.
- No Bible no breakfast/facebook/TV
- Your Spouse- have a regular date time together and be creative NOT expensive, have a "weekend to remember" once a year.
- Your Children- remember that children ARE your MOST important work.
- Deuteronomy 6:4-7- If we don't teach our children to follow Christ, the world will teach them NOT to.
- There is no such thing as the "PERFECT" curriculum. Pray and ask God to help you
- Jeremiah 33:3.
- What are your homeschool goals?
- What is your childs learning style?
- What is your budget?
- Control your curriculum and don't let it control you!
- Get the book "Freedom from the Tyranny of the Urgent" by Charles Hummel
- Every time you say "yes" to something outside the home you are saying "no" to something inside.
- Proverbs 1:7,8
- Plan your menus a week in advance
- Homeschool year round
- Plan in pencil.
- Don't be so structure and organized that you don't put people first.
- Only Christ was perfect
- Train your children to help you
- "401 Ways to Get Your Kids to Work at Home" by Bonnie Runyan McCullough
- Join the South Cobb Homeschooler :)
- Check her out at www.facebook.com/HeirRaisingTales